ProfitBooks makes it very easy to create beautiful invoices. Lets see how to create an invoice for the first time.
With ProfitBooks you can create 3 types for invoices:
- Credit Invoice (Used when the payment is expected in future)
- Cash Invoice (Used over the counter sales)
- Time-Based Invoice (Used for billing against tasks)
Lets see how to create a credit Invoice
From Income menu, click on Invoices. You’ll see 3 options to create an invoice as shown below
Click on Credit Invoice or on New Invoice to create a new credit invoice.
Now follow these steps :
1) Select an existing customer by typing first few characters of his name. You can also create a new customer by clicking on the + icon. If this customer pays you in foreign currency, you will have to enter the exchange rate.
2) If your invoice setting allows you to put your own number, please enter the Invoice Number, otherwise it will be auto-generated based on the preferences.
3) Enter the invoice date – its the date on which invoice is raised. You can enter previous date as well if required
4) Enter the due date. This field will automatically populate the next week’s date. If you have mentioned the ‘Credit Days’ for a selected customer, due date will be calculated accordingly.
5) Enter the purchase order reference number in PO Ref # field if this invoice is linked to a purchase.
6) If you have created a project, a new field for selecting Project will appear in the third column. This invoice will be linked to that project if you select the project name.
7) ProfitBooks lets you add upto 3 custom fields on invoices. Please create these fields in Invoice Settings and these fields will appear here on the invoice.
8) You can also mention if the amounts are tax inclusive or exclusive.
9) Now, lets add the invoice items. Once you create a product from ‘Inventory’ screen, you’ll be able to select products from the dropdown list by just typing first few characters of the product name.
10) Description will automatically appear for the products. However, you can make changes to it.
11) Click on the Quantity field to enter the quantity. If inventory is enabled for the selected product, you will get a pop-up asking you to select the warehouse or location where this product is stored. If you have defined the batches while creating this product, you will need to enter the quantity from the desired batches. Enter the details and click on Submit button.
12) Unit Cost will be populated automatically. However, you can update the price is required.
13) Enter the discount in percentage.
14) Select the appropriate tax from the list.
15) You can add new items by clicking on the ‘Add New Row’ button
16) Click on ‘Add Other Charge’ to record other changes like shipping charges, round-off amount, etc. You will have to create these accounts from the Chart Of Accounts screen.
17) Enter the Customer Notes and Terms & Conditions as per your business requirement.
18) You can make the invoice repeat in future and schedule the frequency. Invoice will be automatically created and email to the customer at a scheduled time
19) Thats it! Save the invoice. If you want to work later on this invoice, save it as draft.
20) Once its saved, you will see options to record payment, Edit or Delete, Settle, Email or print (creates PDF) the invoice as shown below.
Hope this guide was helpful. If you have questions, feel free to contact us anytime.Create Your First Invoice With ProfitBooks