What Is Order Management?
Some businesses manage their orders manually and keep their records in ledgers. That being said, this is only good for small companies who process very few orders on a daily basis. For big companies with larger order inflows, the task of order management and processing can be challenging to carry out manually. Order management software can help such companies in this crucial task. It works intelligently and efficiently to save your precious time and resources.
Benefits Of An Online Order Management Software
Order management software benefits not only the seller but also the customers. Customers get a 24×7 platform to place an order without having to contact the company staff. The process of placing an order and the fulfillment of order becomes quick and convenient.
It makes the company look professional and technologically advanced, which helps you gain loyal customers. Having an order management software included in your business will also help you improve efficiency in fulfilling orders, customer support, after-sales services, etc.
It has other benefits as well, such as:
- Flexible and easy placement of orders
- Automatic streamlining of inventory
- Analytics and reports help in the timely restocking of products
- Improves efficiency in the fulfillment of orders across physical and online sales channel
- Decreases the probability of delivering a wrong order
- Helps the customer and seller check the order shipment status online
- Provides impeccable customer support
Using an order management software also promotes customer satisfaction and fulfilment of orders without any errors and on time. It even assists customers in placing an order at any time and anywhere along with 24×7 customer support to resolve any issue they face.
Hence, having an order management software can help you become more efficient and attain greater profits.
We’ve compiled the ultimate list of the top 10 order management software you can choose from for your business!
The company believes that big companies cannot afford to waste time and effort on manual management which can also result in errors. StitchLabs helps you solve the problem of inflexible systems which are unable to develop and grow dynamically.
This order management system is designed primarily for fast-moving and dynamic commerce brands. The basic function of the company is to form a connection between your inventory and the different channels that you are marketing through. It is a well-trusted brand.
Other features of the company include:
- Provides dedicated managers for the success of your business
- Ensures that you get a head start via guided training
- Provides an in-person team training session for efficiency
- Conducts quarterly reviews of the business and working of the StitchLabs software
StitchLabs comes in 3 variants – Basic, High Growth, and Premium. The Basic plan is at $799 per month. The High Growth plan costs $959 per month, and the quotation for the Premium plan (which is also customizable according to your needs) can be available by placing a request to the vendor.
It is a solution to all your issues relating to the shipping of your product. The company’s mission is to help you save the hassle of doing manual entry into your records.
Instead of copying and pasting the information, the software helps the company automatically bring in orders from all the sales channels you use, enter the details in the software and provide you the time for other essential business activities.
ShipStation also has a database of over one hundred stores, market places, and shopping carts that can help you get more and more customers.
- Manage different users and warehouses
- Answer customer queries on time
- Search the whole order history
- Automate your fulfillment process
- Import all your orders from every sales channel you have
The company offers a 30-day trial period, and after the expiry, there are six plans available to choose from ranging from $9 per month to $159 per month. Each plan has different features in terms of the number of shipments, number of users, type of customer support, etc.
This software is designed especially for manufacturers and traders. If you manufacture your own products and sell it on your own store (offline or on Shopify) then its the best order management software for you.
It’s not bloated with unnecessary features that come with a native manufacturing software but it’s great for small businesses. What’s unique with ProfitBooks is that apart from managing inventory, you can also manage your business accounting with it.
- Create unlimited products
- Create sales orders & invoices
- Record business expenses
- Manage supplier relationships
- Create Invoices In Multiple Currencies
- Get Insightful Inventory Reports
- Accept online payments
ProfitBooks offers a free 15-day trial and after that, the prices start from $49 per month. Here is a link to signup.
This order management software can help save the efforts that are put into activities relating to order procurement and fulfilment. Orderhive will let you sync all the selling channels, including e-commerce platforms like eBay, Amazon, etc. to the software in order to have a one-stop management station.
The Inventory management software will automatically update the inventory as and when new sales orders come in. So, you won’t have to manually update the inventory every time you receive an order from any channel. The software also makes sure to notify you beforehand if the stock is running low and needs to be restocked.
Orderhive have many features, such as:
- It helps you generate sales invoices and give you the discretion to add customized messages to the invoice and print them or email them to the customer.
- It helps with the partial fulfilment of orders as well. In case you run out of stock, it will automatically adjust the quantities that are available to ship.
- The software helps you track the shipment of order with its tie-up with 300+ courier agencies and update you when the order is delivered.
- The analytics and reports generated by the software will let you know the status of your stock level, your best selling item, shipping rates of different courier agencies, etc.
The company offers a free trial period, and after its expiry, there are four plans available to choose from ranging from $49 per month to $299 per month and a customized plan with an on-demand quotation.
Every business that runs on basis of products, needs the integration of inventory management, business applications, and all the e-commerce channels. TradeGecko provides a platform that combines all three and helps business functions run smoothly. As an addded benefit, TradeGecko is an inventory management system which is cloud-based.
- A one-stop platform to fulfill every function relating to online selling
- Real-time sales report
The company offers a trial period, and after its expiry, there are four plans to choose from ranging from $39 per month to $599 per month depending on the needs & requirements of the user.
Magento is an all-in-one e-commerce solution for your business. It is one of the most popular order management software having an estimated usage of 20% e-commerce businesses. Magento offers a ton of useful features leaving nothing behind that is essential for any business with sales on e-commerce websites.
This software can help you innovatively manage inventory. It can also show you the inventory as well as the completed & pending orders on a single screen along with intelligent sourcing logic.
It performs various functions, such as:
- Collection of all the essential information relating to the fulfillment of an order
- Provides user-friendly interface
- Helps you keep track of inventory and orders
- The reports generated help you keep the precise inventory that is required for the smooth running of operations.
- Provides shipping reports, top sellers in the market, etc.
The company offers a free demo, and for the prices of various plans, one needs to contact the vendor directly.
The software provides exclusive features when it comes to an order management system. This order management software helps businesses integrate with over sixty marketplaces, including eBay, Amazon, Magento, Shopify, etc. Linnworks gives you the control to notify the drop shippers, assign shipping providers, split the orders, and have the tracking information from its sales channel, all done at the click of a button.
It has a user-friendly and simple interface that allows users to have a hassle-free experience. Linnworks has installed additional servers to provide exceptionally fast software. It works on iOS, Android, and Windows operating system.
Some of its features include:
- The software does automatic stock update when there is a sale order on any e-commerce platform
- Provides real-time order status that helps users know which product is to be packed and when it is scheduled to be shipped
- It contacts the vendors to know the availability of the optimum level of stocks that could be needed.
- The software also helps in the import and export of physical stock information to the software and have the correct numbers for efficient order management.
- Provides detailed analytics and reports on inventory and other essential information
Linnworks provides two plans – standard and advanced-priced at $250 per month and $600 per month, respectively.
It is an amazing order management software that offers some unique features that give this software an edge in comparision to the others. Brightpearl ensures that the company has sufficient inventory readily available to fulfill the orders that are coming in.
It automatically generates a report about stock requirement at different localities. This feature helps businesses maintain the availability of their products at different locations.
The software also makes sure that a particular locality never runs out of stock. The online orders from different selling channels can be managed at a single platform to remove the obstacle of multiplicity.
- Automatically updated inventory whenever a sale is fulfilled
- Low stock is reported whenever it needs to be restocked to avoid the cancellation of orders or losing customers
- Smart analytics and reports provide information about products which are fast-moving, slow-moving, in-demand, etc. and also tells when and how more stock needs to be procured
- Provides location-based reports of your products
Brightpearl does not provide prices on their website, but they can be obtained on request directly from the vendor. According to sources, the entry-level plan starts at $375 per month.
9. Freestyle Solutions
Earlier known as Dydacomp, it is a web-based order management software. Freestyle Solutions helps users integrate their online marketplaces and other shipping platforms to a one-stop station, i.e., the software. The software helps users automate the fulfillment process of orders even if they are sold via various channels of selling.
Apart from the basic features of the order management system, Freestyle Solutions provides services like customer management, business intelligence, and accounting management. The company does not charge different amounts for the number of users, the number of selling channels, SKUs, etc.
A few features of Freestyle Solution’s order management software include:
- Integration of multi-channels to the software, including Amazon, eBay, etc.
- Automatically updates the inventory as and when an order is fulfilled via any selling channel
- Provides additional services such as customer management, accounting management, and business intelligence
- Generates analytics and reports stating the restocking information, slow-moving products, etc.
The company provides a free demo, and the prices are provided on making a direct request to the vendor.
The mission is to provide the customers of business with ultimate customer satisfaction. Orderbot provides a solution to the problem of geographical inventory management. It manages inventory at different locations and lets a company know when a particular location is running low on stock and how much inventory needs to be restocked at that specific location.
The software centralizes the data from all the channels. It also displays it on a single screen along with ongoing orders and available inventory at the platform. Users have the discretion to alter the prices through Orderbot’s software itself.
- It lets users accept payments in different currencies and also performs the task of converting them into the desired currency.
- Provides a tracking platform of your shipped orders and estimated time of delivery
- Integrates all the platforms of selling to a one-stop station, i.e., the Orderbot Software.
- Automatically updates the inventory in sync with the sale at any selling platform.
- Formulates analytics and reports, which helps businesses improve their efficiency and customer database.
The company offers a free demo, and for the prices of various plans, one needs to contact the vendor directly.
So, which order management software is the best for you?
As is evident, there is no shortage of handy order management software in the market. It all comes down to what exactly is the nature of your business.
If you sell on eCommerce marketplaces like Amazon or Shopify, it’s better to with a solution that provides shipping integrations. Those ordering systems will be more focused on genrating orders from multiple sources.
If you manufacture and sell on your online store then you need a simple inventory management software with the ordering system. In this case, ProfitBooks is the best solution; no clutter with unnecessary options and affordable for small businesses. You can try it free Hope this guide helps you in choosing the right order management software for your business.