Here is a quick guide on how to file GSTR 1 from ProfitBooks.
GSTR 1 return is used to upload your sales data to the GSTN portal. Every tax payer needs to report following things:
- Invoice summary (Types of invoices, Credit Notes, Advance Receipts, etc)
- Summary of documents issued (Documents such as invoices, credit notes and their serial numbers)
- Summary of HSN/SAC
- Turnover Details (This is an one time activity)
ProfitBooks automatically prepares this data for you so you don’t have to worry about it.
Follow these steps to file GSTR 1 from your ProfitBooks account:
Enable API Access On GSTN
Start Working On GSTR 1
Upload Invoices To GSTN
Verify The Uploaded Invoices
In order to let ProfitBooks application communicate with GSTN, first you’ll need to enable API access on GSTN portal.
To enable API access:
1. Login to www.gst.gov.in.
2. Go to Dashboard –> My profile –> Manage API Access.
3. Select ‘Yes’ corresponding to ‘Enable API Request’.
4. Select the ‘Duration’ as 30 days, and click Confirm.
Login to your ProfitBooks account and go to GST –> GST Returns.
Click on ‘GSTR-1’.
Review the invoices and click on ‘Upload Data’ button.
Click on ‘GSTR-1 Summary’ to verify the data. You can login to GSTN portal and verify if all the invoices are uploaded correctly.
Once you review the uploaded invoices, you can proceed to finally submitting the GSTR-1. Please note that its a final step and you won’t be able to make changes once the return is filed.
Please follow these steps to submit the return:
1) Login to www.gst.gov.in.
2) Go to ‘Services’ –> ‘Returns’ and then click on ‘Returns Dashboard’.
3) Select the return filing period.
4) Choose ‘Prepare Online’ mode
5) Select the checkbox, submit and choose a signing method and file GSTR-1
That’s it. Your GSTR-1 return is filed.